Raglan District Union Church

Raglan District Union Church Cnr. Wainui Rd and Stewart Street
3 Stewart Street
Raglan 3225

About Us: Raglan District Union Church, as indicated by the name, is a Church with three partners, Congregational, Methodist, and Presbyterian. This union was the first to take place in New Zealand in 1943. The Church was first built and opened on 8 November 1895 as the Raglan Congregational Church. This original building still stands today; however, in 1964 a new section in Huntly brick was married to the original wooden segment. It is now classified by the Waikato District Council as a 'Classified B' heritage building and the local church Parish Council are endeavouring to keep it maintained to a high standard that is fitting to its history and the glory of God. The Church is set on nearly a half-acre site that includes a hall with a beautiful grass area in between, in a very prominent part of the seaside town. The Church of oversight is currently the Congregational Union of New Zealand. The worshiping body has a mix of ages, but also has a number of very senior people, who have served the church faithfully. The parish has transitioned to mostly members who are either affiliated with the Raglan District Union Church or as Congregationalists. We welcome attendees from all of our partner churches and we cherish all who visit us. We are blessed with a well maintained iconic church building and a large sign on the main road proclaiming "Jesus Loves You."

Sunday Services: A service is held each Sunday at 10am. Holy Communion is offered on the Fourth Sunday of each month. At the conclusion of each service morning tea is provided setting a platform for a time of fellowship.

Children and Youth: All are welcome to our 10am service.

Prayer Group: A weekly prayer meeting held in the church each Thursday at 9am.

In the Community: The church is opened most Saturdays from 10am until noon, with the public welcome to tour our historic church.